Tuesday 26 February 2013

I’m going to tell you a secret – please don’t judge...

Sometimes I don’t feel like writing regardless of my promise to do so every day.

There, I've said it.

Although there are loads of ideas floating through my head, I’m at times lost for words and it can feel like a chore. Yet when I get started and the words are flowing like the Amazon, my energy shifts and I feel what can best be described as an electric charge or what I now dub, ‘The Bolt of Goodness’.

Some days the bolt hits me right between the eyes and gets my fingers tapping at the keyboard like Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers. Other days, it’s a long time coming and you’ll find me staring at a blank page...patiently hoping and praying for inspiration.

There are many things in our daily lives we may not enjoy (for example Burpies or saying no to ice cream) and stuff that we’ve declared privately or publicly that we want to do, achieve or be but are unsure how or where to start. So, what next?
Now I catch on pretty quick and I've noticed that when it comes to getting where or what you want, all the signs point in one direction. The one thing that will separate you from the rest is to consider what’s important and what brings you joy and then it’s a matter of getting started. You heard me – simply get started.
Don’t believe me? Look at what the experts have to say;

“A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step”
- Lao Tzu

 “Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase”
- Martin Luther King

“A year from now you’ll wish you started today”
– Karen Lamb

I won't say it'll be easy nor claim the journey will be short but I can confirm that my personal experience in the pursuit of happiness began with one small decision which has sparked a personal revolution and this little adventure has helped me truly appreciate chasing down the life I want to live. I’m overflowing with ideas and excitement about how I can add value to others through my work and although it’s uncertain where it will all lead, I’m convinced that I’m on the right path and that I am indeed, a better woman as a result.

Go on then, get started now. It may not be rainbows and unicorns all the way but when ‘The Bolt of Goodness’ strikes, you’ll thank me for it. I promise.

Loving you, loving me...TLT x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment